Pages

Monday 22 June 2015

Minis #1

Over the last few weeks we seem to have accumulated a lot of trial size/ mini products/ samples.

So it would make sense to give them all a whirl and give a brief description of what we thought.

I'm not using we as the royal we, it's because some of the minis were given to my husband when he brought his own products, so he's going to review them for you.

Clarins


Exfoliating Body Scrub For Smooth Skin

We took this body scrub on honeymoon as Rob hates the buildup on suncream, and I exfoliate anyway so used this one while we were away.
I found it a little harsh, which I can imagine some people would prefer, I ended up mixing it with a body wash to 'dilute' it.
Would I buy full size product: No

Foot Beauty Treatment Cream

I seem to be given foot cream quite often as a gift, is it something about me? As I've said previously my body routine isn't the best (which I'm trying to change- keep posted for an update), but everyone likes a little foot treat now and again. I didn't like this as much as the hand cream, but it did leave my feet feeling soft and I like that it didn't smell of peppermint like so many foot creams do!
Would I buy full size product: Would be nice as a gift (!) but not with my own money

Relax Oil and Bath and Shower Concentrate

I'm not the biggest fan of the smell (basil, lavender and chamomile) but it works better in the oil, which was nice to apply to my décolleté before bed to relax you- hence the name. The glass bottle also looks lovely on your dresser, even though it was a free gift.
The bath and shower concentrate I probably wouldn't use everyday, I'd be prone to use it solely in the bath when I needed to destress.
Would I buy full size product: Oil possibly, Bath and Shower No

Tonic Bath and Shower Concentrate 

I much preferred the smell of this bath and shower (mint and rosemary) as I have used the oil version of this product too. It's very uplifting and great to give a zing to your morning shower.
Would I buy full size product: Possibly (It's pricey for a shower wash)


Kiehls


These are the products Rob used, so here he is making his PFOBP debut, I'll pass over to him...

Damage Reparing and Rehydrating Conditioner

More of a weekly product for myself. And only used on my facial hair. Very nice on the skin and hair with a good scent. Leaves the hair feeling very nourished and soft.
Would you buy full size product: Yes

Oil Eliminator Refreshing Shine Control Toner For Men

I really liked. No residue and goes unnoticed to the skin.
Would you buy full size product: Yes

Oil Eliminator Deep Cleansing Exfoliator Face Wash For Men

Very middle road, no complaints, nothing special either. Prefer others like Clinique or Clarins.
I don't think I've made him biased
Would you buy full size product: No

Ultra Facial Moisturiser SPF 30

I really was not a fan. A very dense texture and struggled to absorb into the skin unless it was done in tiny amounts. Very unfriendly around the eye area, easily gets into the eye causing hours of watering / stinging.
Would you buy full size product: No


L'Occitane


I'm not familiar with any of L'Occitane's products, so this was the first time I'd tried any!

Shampooing Shampoo and Aprés-Shampooing Conditioner

Both contain 5 essential oils (angelica, lavender, geranium, ylang ylang and sweet orange). Both I think are rubbish. The shampoo smelt like fairy liquid and the conditioner felt greasy and wasn't very good at well, conditioning.
Would I buy full size product: No

Lavender Body Lotion

I was not a fan of this either. The texture was really runny, and it didn't feel nourishing and it smelt like heath food shops, and not cool ones like Whole Foods.
Would I buy full size product: No

Cleansing and Softening Body Oil

This, if any, was the only product that I liked from L'Occitane. The oil was nice and rich and turned into a milky lather when added to water. The smell wasn't offensive, and left me as soft as you could expect a body wash too.
Would I buy full size product: Probably not



What samples/ minis have you had recently?

Have they ever made you buy the full size version?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!