Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

NOTD: Red and Dark Blue Two Tone


This really is one of the easiest nail art designs to do, ever!

I originally wanted to do it with a lighter blue, but the dark one does have a sense of maturity (which I sorely lack) but you can do it with any colours you like. I think it's especially good if you can't decide on a colour.

First applied a base coat, I used Nails Inc Harley Street, which is for smoothing out ridges in nails.

Then I applied two coats on the red nail varnish (allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second) I used Nails Inc Charing Cross.

Once that had 100% dried I cut small pieces of sticky tape (nothing special, just regular tape you wrap presents with) and stuck them over the lower half of each nail to create a barrier.


It's really important the nail varnish is entirely dry, otherwise the sticky tape ruins it!

Now all you have to do is paint your nails again with the contrasting colour on the area still exposed, I used Nails Inc Kabaret.


Leave the second colour to dry for about 30 seconds and carefully peel off the tape.

Wait for the polish to dry completely then add a top coat, I used Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Topcoat



This is also a good method to use if you want a french polish finish, whether it is the traditional colours, or your own combination.

What nail art are you going to try out? Where do you get your inspiration from?

3 comments:

  1. I like red and black paired together, looks cool :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this effect! :) I'm always scared to try looks involving tape in case it ruins all my hard work! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      As long as you wait for it to dry, like a couple of hours, it'll be fine!
      Xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!