Pages

Monday 15 June 2015

Supermud

Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment


Although my skincare routine and I are at an unusual affinity right now, my skin felt like it needed a bit of a boost. (I said it wouldn't be long until my routine changed!)

So I had myself a little moochy online.

I actually came across this brand from Caroline Hirons Cult Beauty Box

before you ask, no I didn't get one. I'm not made of money.

So I knew they were a reputable brand, never the less, I always do my research, reading loads of reviews on different sites - you have to when products cost so much!

I always take everything with a pinch of salt, because in my experience some products can work wonders on some peoples skin, and not so much on others...

... and then I clicked the 'add to basket' button and the rest is history.


One of my favourite things is when your delievery arrives (it's like a present to you, from you) and you get to open the packaging.

Products always get extra kudos for complements.

It was much titchyier than I thought, especially from the outer packaging (I also had the same experience with the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm- anyone else?)

But I know better than any one that great things come in small packages


It was a runnier texture than other clay masks I have used, and smelled delightfully similar to Clarins Skin Beauty Repair.

Kind of spearmint, kind of liquorice.


It started tingling straight away, which felt cooling, but there was also a warm sensation too. Nothing unpleasant though.

It recommends leaving it on between five and twenty minutes, so naturally I left it on for 20, by which time it had practically all set.



So if you've made it this far I guess you want to know whats in it to make it a SUPERMUD

Glycolic acid-  Helps improve skin texture
Salicylic acid-  Helps de-clog to minimise pores
Lactic acid-  Evens skin tone and firms skin
Mandelic acid- Helps ageing skin and skin elasticity
Pyruvic acid-  Helps the effects of scarring
Teaoxi-  Eucalyptol, Linalool oil and Flavonoids (I'm as stumped as you- That's Hollywood, baby)
Activated-X- Vacuum-Carbon Extraction
K-17 Clay-  Extreme toxin encapsulation
Licorice root- Helps regulate problem skin (do americans spell it different?)
Peppermint plant-  Helps irritation
Eucalyptus leaf- Helps complications

It also has; chamomile, marigold, comfrey herb, aloe vera, ivy and cucumber

It definately has enough ingredients to justify the price tag.

So claims, consumer studies and cost aside, what did I think...

I liked it! Although the clay did entirely dry, my skin didn't feel shrivelled up afterwards. It felt deeply clean, smoother, calmed and refreshed.

I've been using it for a month now and have been impressed with the results each time. I can definitely notice an improvement in my skin.

My pores appear unclogged and therefore smaller (something I thought would never happen) the redness in my acne scars has reduced and calmed. It also seems to stop imminent spots in their tracks.

I definately reccommend this product if it's within your budget, I've already got several friends hooked on the supermud hype.


What are your favourite masks to use?

What products do you use when your skin needs a boost?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!