Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

Staying Matte

Ever found searching for a foundation for your oily/ combination/ blemished skin hard?

Everyone's skin is different, so what might work for one person may not for another. I've always found recommendations a good place to start, so I'm going to share with you some of the foundations I have used.

Sometimes it's nice to look back at existing products too, as so often blogs focus on new releases, and we don't get introduced to current products which may be super for you!

This is not exhaustive of all the foundations I have tried, but a small selection I got along with :)



One of the first foundations I tried was bareMinerals. Which is very popular among all different skin types. 

The coverage is buildable (medium-full), and because it's mineral it does feel light weight on the skin. When I initially tried it I really liked it, but I do prefer liquid foundations now.  It's not ideal to travel with, or even have in your hand bag as it is a loose powder; although I'm sure bareMinerals have a suitable alternative for that now.

*

Then I moved on to Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation. This was when I was trying to combat my blemishes from every angle!

It's a medium coverage, needless to say matte finish. I can't say I noticed any improvement of my blemishes from solely this foundation, but it didn't harm.




I started using Clarins Ever Matte as I liked that it had an SPF 15 (which as far as I'm aware none of the other foundations have any SPF)** and before, I was wearing their Everlasting foundation and I wanted to try to wear less coverage and 'show more skin', as at the time I was still trying to improve my blemishes and acne scars.

I do still wear this foundation, more day to day, as it's a medium coverage as well as occasionally the Everlasting+ Foundation (they reformulated it and it's much nicer). Ever Matte is oil free, which is a plus point for many people with an oily skin looking for a foundation.

*

The newest addition to my foundation is Smashbox Studio Skin. This is the least matte of all of them, but still enough so that an oily skin could wear and it wouldn't melt off your skin. This foundation is also oil free, and medium-full coverage.

I've never worn a foundation that promises 15/ 18/ 24 hour wear and actually got that many hours out of it. Definately not on my T-zone anyway. And who has foundation on twenty four hours anyway? Gross.

I do however, take the fact that it's long lasting to mean it will stay on my skin a reasonable amount of time. Some people may be luckier.

*

**Now I use a separate SPF over my moisturiser, so having a SPF in a foundation isn't a key factor for me any more


I hope that gives you a few suggestions of what foundations to try for an oilier skin

Let me know what foundations you have used for your skin type

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!