Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

Dermaflannel Results - Skin Care Update - Dairy Update

This is a bit of a wordy post, but I hope it will be helpful to people struggling with skin problems, and I've tried to throw in a few pics to break it up a bit

If you've read any of my previous posts, you'd know I've been suffering from various levels of problems skin. It has really yo-yo'd in state since I was eleven, but I believe I may have nailed a skin care and diet routine which is nourishing and healing for my skin, and I'd like to share my results with you.

I've always wanted to do a dramatic skin transformation results post, but have never had enough improvement to justify one, so I put the idea on the back burner for a while, and it wasn't until I stumbled across some photos I took around the time I wrote the Dairy Disappointed post, which I published nearly a year ago, and was shocked how much my skin had improved!

Before I share my results with you, maybe you'd like to know what lifestyle changes to achieve this improvement?

First, and I really do think most important, is your diet. Not only do you feel different on the inside, it shows through your skin. I can't stress enough, I have not embarked on some strict 'dieting' scheme, just eating less sweets and junk food, more veggies and fruit. You know the deal, it's not rocket science!

I have also found an incredible difference eating full fat dairy products, which I know to some of you would seem like a no-go. I don't exactly know the in's and out's of the science behind it, but it's something to do with the skimming process which reduces the fat in dairy products which alters the produce and some peoples digestive systems can't process the enhanced food. Also many companies add extra sugars to low-fat foods to make them taste decent, which kind of counter acts the reduced fat part!


Once I had my diet pinned down, I wanted to (gently) tackle my acne scars. They were red-raw and bumpy, and even the best concealer couldn't hide them, and my make up would end up cakey and didn't grant me any confidence. The opposite of what I wanted to achieve!

I had banned any nasty scrubs as I knew now these irritated my skin, and wanted to try some BHA and AHA products, but I had limited funds, I then stumbled across the Dermaflannel. It promised to achieve similar results to those acid products but was suitable for people who couldn't use them (or who were on a budget) I asked for one for my birthday this year and haven't looked back.


The Results

I have actually decided to share the worst side, as I felt it had more improvement. It's also the side I sleep on the majority of the time, although I'm not sure how much of a impact this has.


I also noticed when comparing the photos that I have more of a defined jaw, which is probably another result of diet improvement.

As I'm sure you can see, I still have improvement to make, but I felt what I had been doing in the last three months had made such an improvement I was confident and trusting enough to share these slightly grim photos from my past.


What skin care improvements have you noticed recently?
Do you think it's a good idea to track developments?

On a side note, my blog will be a year old on the 25th May, how does a blogger celebrate this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!