Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Bravura London Dermaflannel


I finally got round to using my new Dermaflannel (RRP £11.99) that I got from my birthday. I was slightly intimidated by all the precautions that are included within the instructions, which is why it took me a few weeks to get round to trying out, as I wanted to give it my full attention. This isn't some body scrub you can excessively use in the shower.You'd be surprised how much damage this soft little flannel can cause if used incorrectly.

It's an innovative product from Bravura London, which gives the results of a chemical peel in the comfort of your own home. As well as being very cost effective, it is suitable for people who are unable to undergo chemical treatments, due to pregnancy or medication.


It has a long list of rave reviews from fellow bloggers and on the Bravura London website, and it's easy to see why; With this little flannel you will no longer have to buy expensive exfoliators or face scrubs. It's great for evening out skin tone, improving problem skin and fine lines, it also it great for removing dead skin on knees and elbows, reducing ingrowing hairs and brightening dull skin. In fact it can be used all over the body except the delicate eye and genital areas, and can be used to treat a whole host of skin concerns.

The secret to the success of the Dermflannel is in it's unique weave; It's woven from tiny fibres in a special process which results in it's distinctive appearance. The fine fibres the flannel is composed of allows the surface to deeply cleanse the face and body removing any excess dirt, oil and skin. It's so good at it's job, all you need to add it water!


Before the initial use I washed the flannel by hand with some mild anti-bacterial soap, as recommended on the instruction card. I decided to use it to treat my blocked pores first, as it seemed like the least invasive treatment, so I could get used to how the system would react to my skin. I did a initial gentle cleanse with some Micellar Water and some cotton pads, as my regular cleanser contains Glycolic acid and I didn't want to over exfoliate or stimulate the skin.

I then opened the pores by heating the flannel in hot water, wringing out the excess, then placing it over my face until it had cooled. Once the pores have opened the flannel it swept gently across the effected areas to remove excess dirt and skin from the pores and skins surface.

My skin did tingle for about 10 minutes afterwards and felt slightly more sensitive for about 12 hours afterwards. It is also really important to compensate for the heightened sensitivity skin will experience by wearing at least SPF 15 (I wear SPF 30 in Eucerin Dermo Purifyer)

The blocked pore/blackhead treatment it suitable to do daily, but you really do have to be gentle and only go over the same area no more than twice.

For more information on the conditions Dermaflannel can treat visit the Bravura London website, although a full list of instructions are included with every flannel purchased.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love reading them!